Today, the children in Year 5 took part in the first session of a five week project called ‘Litcraft’ which is run by Colne Library. The project is to help encourage children to start reading and enjoying English by combining both the popular game Minecraft and English literature.
Todays session took four quotes from the book ‘Kenzuke’s Kingdom’ and the children hard to follow clues around the Minecraft map to answer the questions and record them in a Minecraft journal.
Both Year 5 classes will be taking part in this project over the course of this half term in aim to get the children enjoying reading at home more.
Litcraft Project Aims:
– To have an impact on society by changing attitudes towards interactive engagement with our literary culture and heritage.
– To work with libraries and schools to re-engage children with literary classics by using a popular gaming platform.
– To experience literary worlds in new ways by using the digital environment for reading, writing and interpreting.
– To link our education resources directly to the KS2 curriculum, and present them in an easy-to-use package.
- Feel Good Friday Fishing – Team 3 - 13th July 2021
- Year 6 Girls Cricket 🏏 - 8th July 2021
- Cooking up some science! - 25th June 2021
You must be logged in to post a comment.