How to apply

All applications for school places at Park Primary are administered through the Local Authority.  If you would like your child to attend our school, Parents/Carers must complete an online application through Lancashire County Council.

You will need to apply for a primary school place even if your child already attends our pre-school or you have other children already in the school.

When to apply

Children can begin school from the September following their fourth birthday.

Applications open on 1st September 2021.  The deadline for applications to primary schools is 15th January 2022.

Park Primary has no involvement in the allocation of school places and adheres to the Schools Admissions code:

For information about your application for a school place you must contact Lancashire County Council.

Visit our School

We understand that choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make in your child’s education journey.  At Park Primary, we welcome all prospective Parents/Carers to visit our school to have a look round and get to know the school prior to application.  To arrange a visit, please drop us a line on our contact form or telephone reception (01282 863225) and speak to one of our staff who will be happy to help.

Our Open Day held each Autumn term, normally in November, is a great opportunity for new Parents to pop in to have an informal look around. Parents can take a tour of the school, meet the staff, see our facilities and get answers to all their questions about their child starting school.

Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities

If your child has Special Educational Needs or you think they may need additional support for their learning at school, please take a look at our SEND page to find out how we support children with SEND in our school.  If you would like to discuss your child in more detail with our SENDCo, please visit our SEND pages for further information and their contact details.

Changing schools in year

Moving school during the school year can be very disruptive for a child and should be avoided if at all possible.  However, if you have moved house, are new to the area or would like to move your child to our school during the school year, please contact the head teacher to discuss the possibility.

You will also need to discuss this matter with your current school and with the Local Area Education Office.

Pin It on Pinterest