The amount of money a school receives is based on the number of pupils it has on roll in Years 1 – 6. Schools are allocated £8,000 plus an additional £5 per pupil.
We provide a range of sporting activities and facilities for all children including those with Special Educational Needs. It has allowed us to increase pupil’s opportunities to participate in sport both in school and through partnerships with other schools in the Borough.
Here are just some of the activities and facilities we use our grant to provide:
- Membership of the Pendle Sports Partnership which facilitates inter-school tournaments, leagues and specialist coaching in netball, football, cricket, bowls, tag rugby, swimming and dancing
- Specialist training for our Staff to deliver the PE curriculum
- A Hydrotherapy pool
- Specialist sports coaches who visit the school on a weekly basis
- Subsidising our extra-curricular sports clubs
- Providing opportunities for pupils with a Special Educational Need to enjoy and access sports such as curling, athletics, tennis, sailing, swimming and horse riding.
All children are encouraged to ‘have a go’ and know that their efforts will be appreciated and praised whatever the outcome. With this ethos we see most of the children in school taking part in sport at some point and many taking part on a very regular basis, making sport a life choice.
Information for Parents
Schools are required to publish information about how they use PE & Sports Premium funding, what impact is has had on the pupils in the school and how the improvements will be sustained. The reports below give parents information about the grants we received, how we use the money and the impact it has on the children in our school.